AND HOW IT CAN BE ACCOMMODATING TO YOUR CURRENT FOLLOWERS AND POTENTIAL FOLLOWERS (if you don’t really care about getting followers and retaining the ones you already have, then by all means, ignore this post)
Brought to you by the dick who wrote Tumblr Etiquette
1.MAKE SURE YOUR LAYOUT IS CLICKABLE AND READABLE
None of this bullshit
I don’t know if its just me, but in the past couple of weeks happened that the trackedtag column show i have new post on my (joji387) tag, but when i check it shows only the old ones. Yes, i’ve tried to refresh the page, but nothing change…
The unspoken truth behind Yahoo’s much-touted bid to court Tumblr’s younger demographic is that for all intents and purposes, Tumblr culture is fandom culture. There are still plenty of other spaces where fandom exists, but we have never had such a megalithic and central social platform so visibly united under one umbrella. …
Even as Yahoo insists nothing will change, business analysts and media experts are speculating that the company intends to plumb Tumblr for its advertising potential. But if that’s the case, Yahoo should know that when you market to fandom, you have to adopt a whole new way of thinking about marketing, brand advertising, and consumer loyalty. [READ MORE]
(please read this article omg i have never wanted to *drop mic* until this day)
WTF is wrong with replies?! i can’t answer them! D:
I’ve already tried the whole “fix-reply” script but still it doesn’t work :/
- In the previous version, you always had a handy overview of which of the tags you tracked contained new content
- Also tracked tags with no new content weren’t shown unless you specified it, which was really nice because it saved on clutter
- You now have to click on a tiny button that’s roughly the same size as the background it’s up against to see your tracked tags
- INTERFACE DESIGN 101: THE LESS CLICKS YOU HAVE TO PERFORM TO ACCESS A FEATURE, THE BETTER
- All your tracked tags are displayed regardless of which ones have unseen content, which takes up more space and means you have to scroll more
- In addition to that, the button/label/whatever you wanna call it for each individual tracked tag takes up more space now, which means you have to scroll __even more__
- I track 19 different tags which means this new system is horrendous compared to the old one for me
- This is how it looks when i click the tiny little ‘new’ button in the tag-search field:
- That’s all I can see without scrolling down
- THE LESS CLICKS THE BETTER
- This is less “Don’t fix what isn’t broke” and more “Don’t fuck up what is perfectly decent just so you can have thumbnails”
to have notes on tumblr
or not to have notes on tumblr
Hey guys! I tried some HTML’ing and I made this cool Triskele icon in order to ease your pain and sufferingg due to the dashboard update.
I’ll try updating it later for better graphics, but for now, that’s all I can do!
You can get the Triskele HERE!
You’ll need Stylish in order to install it.
Try it out and tell me what you think!
hey tumblr i wrote you guys a song
this is perfect
I replayed this song again and again until I finished tumblr-ing.
WTF are you doing tumblr?! O___o
Things you find most on Tumblr summed up in one gif.
this is amazing
#food and a cat and an attractive man - all done in a sepia with a vaguely hipsterish fade at the edges #this gif is tumblr. we’re basically done here. #all we need is a ship now. let’s ship the bin with the car. ok done. bin/car otp.
I had to keep these tags, they slay me
UGH! Bin/car are you nuts? There is absolutely no chemistry there! How can you not see the epic bond that is between the drain pipe and that wall!! Pipe/wall my otp!
The dude is just trying to keep cat and bin apart. Cat/Bin otp.
You all are forgetting the poor bush behind the man. Always not caring for second characters!